AGRA Watch Resources
AGRA Watch researchers have mapped AGRA grant recipients and some alternatives to AGRA. See the map below!
View AGRA in a larger map
Allied Organizations in Africa
- Daughters of Mumbi Solidarity Africa Network
- Kenya Biodiversity Coalition
- Manor House Agricultural Center
- International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE)
- African Biodiversity Network (ABN)
- African Center for Biosafety (ACB)
- Coalition for the Protection of African Genetic Heritage (COPAGEN)
- Eastern and Southern African small scale Farmers’ Forum (ESAFF)
- Indigenous Peoples of Africa Coordinating Committee (IPACC)
- Participatory Ecological Land Use Management Association (PELUM)
Policy Institute Sites and Publications
- Pesticide Action Network North America, PANNA
- The Oakland Institute
- Voices From Africa
- Institute for Food and Development Policy – Food First
- Food First AAAGRrrr! Newsletter
- Food First on Challenging the Green Revolution
- TransAfrica Forum
- Comparing and Supporting Endogenous Development (COMPAS)
Grassroot Campaigns & Press
- Unmasking the New Green Revolution in Africa: Motives, Players and Dynamics. By Elenita Daño (2007).
- A New Green Revolution for Africa? By GRAIN (2007). [PDF]
- Another Silver Bullet for Africa? Bill Gates to Resurrect the Rockefeller Foundation’s Decaying Green Revolution. By GRAIN (2006). [PDF]
- Ten Reasons Why the Rockefeller and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundations’ Alliance for Another Green Revolution Will Not Solve the Problems of Poverty and Hunger in Sub-Saharan Africa. By Eric Holt-Gimenez, Miguel Altieri, and Peter Rosset (2006). [PDF]
- Let Them Eat Cash: Can Bill Gates Turn Hunger into Profit? By Frederick Kaufman (2009). [Link]
- Hungry or not, don’t force GM down our throats. By Anuradha Mittal (2009). [Link]
- The heat is on Bill Gates: He now works to solve humanity’s greatest problems with his foundation—yet has no program to curb global warming. That does not compute. By Joseph, Romm (2009). [Link]
- How Healthy for Africans is the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)? By Carol Thompson (2008). [PDF]
- Voices From Africa: African Farmers And Environmentalists Speak Out Against A New Green Revolution In Africa. Edited by Anuradha Mittal and Melissa Moore (2009). [PDF]
- Biopiracy of Biodiversity: Global Exchange As Enclosure. By Carol Thompson and A. Mushita (2007).
- Organic farming beats genetically engineered corn as response to rising global temperatures. By Meredith Niles (2009).
- Starved for Science: How Biotechnology Is Being Kept Out of Africa. By Robert Paarlberg (2008).
- Vandana, Shiva. Monocultures of the Mind: Perspectives on Biodiversity and Biotechnology. By Vandana Shiva (1993).
- Feeding the famine? American food aid and the GMO debate in Southern Africa. By Noah Zerbe (2004). [PDF]
- Agricultural Biotechnology Reconsidered: Western Narratives and African Alternatives. By Noah Zerbe (2005).
Development & African History
- Global Shadows: Africa in the neoliberal world order. By James Ferguson (2006).
- The Anti-Politics Machine: ‘development’, Depoliticization and Bureaucratic Power in Lesotho. By James Ferguson (1990).
- The Rise & Fall of Development Theory. By Colin Leys (1996).
- A World of Difference: Encountering and Contesting Development. By Eric Sheppard and Philip Wayland Porter (2009).
- The Wretched of the Earth. By Frantz Fanon (1961).
- How Europe Under-Developed Africa. By Walter Rodney (1972).
- The Food Wars. By Walden Bello (2009).
- Looting Africa: The Economics of Exploitation. By Patrick Bond (2006).
- What’s Behind the Global Food Crisis? How Trade Policy Undermined Africa’s Food Self-Sufficiency. By Food and Water Watch (2008). [PDF]
- Food Rebellions!: Forging Food Sovereignty to Solve the Global Food Crisis. By Eric Holt-Giménez, Raj Patel, and Annie Shattuck (2009).
- Declaration of Nyéléni: Now Is The Time For Food Sovereignty! By the Nyéléni Village (2007). [Link]
- Stuffed and Starved: Markets, Power and the Hidden Battle for the World Food System. By Raj Patel (2007).
- The Global Food Economy: The Battle for the Future of Farming. By Tony Weis (2007).
International Organizations’ Reports
- International Assessment of Agricultural Knowledge, Science, and Technology for Development’s Global Report (2009). [PDF]
- Peoples’ Comprehensive Framework for Action to Eradicate Hunger (draft). [Link]
For more information about the original Green Revolution, see our Introductory Bibliography: The Green Revolution Debates 1970-2007.