Community Alliance for Global Justice
606 Maynard Ave S. Rm 102, Seattle WA 98104
- Become a Member
- Volunteer – see opportunities below!
- Donate to help sustain CAGJ
- Join our monthly e-newsletter list: fill out form in left column
- Help to organize our annual fundraising dinner, SLEE
- Help to organize with one of our projects or organizing committees
- Come to one of our events
Monthly Meetings – please call ahead to confirm time and place
- AGRA Watch – Time varies, contact us for specific time
- Food Justice Project – 3rd Tuesday of the month
- SLEE Organizing (annual dinner) – 2nd Monday of the month
Current Volunteer Opportunities: Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-405-4600 for more info!
Web Guru: With support from CAGJ, do back-end updates, trouble-shoot, some content management, user management; Good to know WordPress; 10 hours/month.
Volunteer directly with one of CAGJ’s projects: The following are a few examples of ways to get involved, but there are other possibilities too – contact us or attend a meeting to learn more.
Food Justice Project – email@example.com
- Solidarity Campaign Point Person – act as a liaison, connecting CAGJ and the Food Justice Project to ongoing mobilization for food sovereignty
- Educate 4 Action Workshop promoter: Help with outreach, coordinate with workshop hosts, learn to be a co-presenter (not required!)
- Organize for Action – Help coordinate, publicize, and do outreach for Teach-Outs by contacting food sites, deciding on locations, doing outreach, etc.
- Social Media/Blog Coordinator – collect articles, review and post to CAGJ’s blog and social media outlets (Facebook & Twitter), update events and happenings on CAGJ calendars and website
Trade Justice – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trade justice organizer: assist in developing materials educating CAGJ partner organizations about the TPP
- Coalition coordinator: coordinate with our partner organizations in actions to stop the TPP
- Media Tracker: Stay on top of TPP and free trade agreements
AGRA Watch – email@example.com
- Summit Organizer – attend monthly committee meetings and help plan an international summit focused on agroecological & community based alternatives to AGRA/Gates
- Researcher – conduct activist research on the agricultural development projects funded by AGRA, the Gates Foundation, and US government and corporations
- Media Coordinator – contact person for media, send press releases for events, catalogue media contacts
- Blogger / Social Media Coordinator – update info and events on website, write blog posts, Facebook, Twitter